Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 2 October 10th

I had blood work done. My rash has become worse so the doctor prescribed a stronger cream. My white count dropped to 3.8 and my hemoglobin actually went uo to 14.9. I thought that was a good thing but the doctor explained I was dehydrated. I need to drink more water.
A bit queasy but not nauseas.
THE BEST NEWS.. After only 6 days on the protocol my viral load dropped to 53!!!! No zeroes attached
53.....it's amazing
Tired and napping quite a bit but really not too bad (yet) : )

2 comments:

  1. Cristine, Just came across your post, I haven't started treatment yet, my doctor says the type I have doesn't respond well to treatment, less than 10%. Contracted Hep C 35 years ago from a blood transfusion as a child, and I guess it's finally caught up with me now. Just wanted to say I wish you the best! Good luck with the treatment, God Bless... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristine
    I started week 2 yesterday. Also doing 3 drug tx with Incevik, so far the worst side affect is Anal Rectal burning, was real bad last week, but getting more tolerable with Hemeroidal wipes and Nupricannal cream. My skin feels like a sun burn from the inside out. No rashes yet, and just a little itching. Advil seems to help alot. If things don't get any worse it won't be too bad. I will follow your progress, looks like you are a wk ahead of me. I get blood work Monday.
    Good luck and hang in there, helps to talk to someone in the same boat.
    bill

    ReplyDelete