Monday, October 17, 2011

And so it begins...week one

October 4th....first day of treatment.
This treatment is 24 weeks. First 12 weeks with weekly injections, ribavirun and the new drug Incivek. After week 4 my viral load has to be 1,000 or less or treatment will not continue. If I am successful the following 12 weeks the Incivek stops and the other 2 drugs continue.
On September 13th my Viral load was in the 900,000 range. Each week I will have blood work and see the doctor.
when I injected that evening it all became very real to me. By the end of the week I had a rash under my arms (expected). The doctor wants me to call the office with any side-effects.
An over the counter cortisone cream should do it. So far so good. A bit fatigued and insomnia but I am sleeping after being prescribed Klonopin. Thank God...the insomnia last time around was torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment