Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2nd

I got great news after only 13 days of treatment my viral load was Non-detectable.

After this last blood work my hemoglobin has dropped and I am feeling signs of anemia. I just had my 5th injection last night so today I do feel quite fatigued.

I want to thank those of you who have commented on my blog, it really helps so much to hear from you. If anyone would like for me to correspond directly, please provide your email address. I think we can really help one another.

So far the biggest symptom is fatigue, still working and able to accomplice most of my daily activities. If I didn't have to work this would be much easier but it is probably best to have something to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine.

    I'm your fellow WHA blogger from Australia. I'm so pleased for your early response. Incivek (Telaprevir) is such an amazing drug and I'm impressed that you had the courage to jump straight back onto treatment following the news of your relapse. It took me 6 years to start my second treatment. The whole time I was watching and waiting for Telaprevir but in the end the drug that came to Cairns, where I live, is Boceprevir.

    I am in week 2 of treatment but we have a 4 week lead-in with standard treatment before adding in the Boceprevir. I find that pretty tedious and really just want to get the new drug into me and get to undetectable like you. But I decided I would go for it and here I am. Plus I am looking at 36 weeks of treatment rather than the 24 you are having. I always swore I'd never do more than 24 weeks. I'll see how I manage.

    I will be watching your progress so please keep your posts up, and I will try to write as well. Congrats on the Undetected.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog. Glad to have read it. Really didn't understand what you were going thru. It has been a long journey for you but I hope and pray that this will do it for you....you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete