Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 7

Things are getting a bit more difficult. As I am writing his I have my 2nd fever of the treatment thus far. My last hemoglobin was 10 and white count 1.8

Life really is about perspective though isn't' it. I received a call from a friend today who told me she was recently diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian Cancer.

I honestly hung up the phone with her and thanked God for my disease the new drugs and my prognosis.

She though like me is very strong...we are survivors...I know she can beat her cancer. I am happy that this experience has given me some perspective to be able to help her through. We can help each other.
I told her about my blog and she wants me to teach her how to set one up.
Today I am extremely grateful.

1 comment:

  1. This whole thing is about being strong. You need strength to endure some of these side effects without going mad. I just want to rip my skin off sometimes. I'm at about two weeks ahead of you. This is my second time around. Dr. Balani and Joan directed me to your blog. What treatment are you doing? I'm doing interferon, ribavirin and victrelis.

    ReplyDelete