Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Weeks 5-8

It's now the beginning of August and I am inexplicably out of breath and exhausted.  I can't sleep and a nap is absolutely impossible.  When I lay down to rest my eyes are wide open.
As I research the medication...all 3 medications (the antidepressant, ribavirun and interfuron) list insomnia as a possible side effect.
I am developing shortness of breath with minimal effort.
When I visited the doctor with the symptoms he referred me to my internist to follow up. The tests were normal (EKG, chest Xray) she did hear some wheezing in my longs.  As I have a history of exercise induced asthma she gave me an inhaler.  I was due for bloodwork in a few days so we were going to wait to see what the results showed.
By this time I was becoming very limited in my activity.  The simplest tasks (getting the mail, walking the dog) were exhausting.  Walking up one flight of stairs made me out of breath.
It was hard to believe that just a few months back I was able to work out and run around.
It's scary when your body lets you down.  I was starting to wonder if I would ever feel normal again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,

    I just read your blog and my mother's story is so close to yours. Diagnosed in 1995 and sought treatment, then stopped because she was a non responder. Now she will be starting the treatment again after 12 years with the medications you've listed. I commend your strength and pray for you. I hope my mother can finally see some results. Thanks for you wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, I will send her prayers for strength.
    She can be cured....

    ReplyDelete