Friday, March 4, 2011

Weeks 21-24 December

By now I am back to work after a 6 week absence.  I am doing the best I can but am not working to my potential.

People are visiting less and less and everyone is so busy with holiday activities.

On a cerebral level...I understand this but emotionally I am taking it personally.  I start to wonder what would happen to me if I became incapacitated and I become extremely fearful.
I know right now I am self-centered but I don't know how to get out of myself.  I spend most of my time alone and I constantly think.  I know I would feel better if I were around people but I don't feel well enough to do anything about it.
I feel stuck.
People mean well..(I think) and will say things like...why don't you take a walk.  I think to myself " Don't you think if I could...I would...I used to walk miles each day" I really want to say "I am not Lazy...I am sick"  I am having a lot of these conversations with myself lately.  I have to call someone else that went through treatment.  I do and feel better almost immediately.
Validation.....just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment