Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weeks 29-32

January is now turning in to February and things are basically the same. My head feels foggy all the time and I feel out of it. I can't get enough sleep.
It turns out the medication has affected my thyroid and am now on a new medication for hypothyroidism. Just what I want....another drug.

Lately I have been thinking so much about the one thing I am most grateful for (next to the cure, of course)...I simply no longer care who knows that I have hepatitis C. I am so over myself and realize that people are at times just ignorant to the facts. Statistically 40% of patients don't know where they got the virus. People believe that it is sexually transmitted but in heterosexual patients I have read that there is no evidence to that.

I just don't care anymore.....people can think whatever they choose. I jokingly said I was going to tell people I got it from my prison tattoo....after all...isn't that the type of answer people really want to hear.

It's liberating, frankly to have this fairly in the open....while I am not screaming it from the mountaintops, if people ask...I am candid.

What has happened has happened...I just look forward to a healthy future.

I have also learned about expectations.......when I expect I am usually disappointed....I am really working on this.

I have started to answer "fine" at the inquiry to how I feel. I am too tired physically....and emotionally to say anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment