Tuesday, March 1, 2011

July 2nd 2010 Weeeks 1-4

Treatment started.  I took my first injection  and first set of pills.  I was off from work not quite sure how I would feel.  About 6 weeks prior I started an antidepressant to ward off the common symptons associated with this treatment.

I sat on the couch most of the day....fearful of the unknown and really not too sure what to expect.  A friend stopped over later that afternnon and asked what I was doing.  She said " Are you waiting for side effects to start" "Well sort of" I replied.  We both had a laugh but in truth....everyone reacts so differently it's hard to know what to expect and I was scared.

Week One through Four was relatively uneventful though I did develop a rash from my elbows to my armpits on both arms.  From the beginning I developed a sensitivity to heat and sun but for the most part the first 4 weeks were uneventful.  I was able to work and I played tennis for the first 3 weeks.

During this time a viral load was run and the decrease in virus was significant.  The doctor was very encouraged that the treatment was working!  I was cautiously optomistic.  I felt very strongly that I would be cured.  I would not have entered in to this treatment unless I felt that way.  I did my research and was quite sure I was moving in the right direction.

On a manageability scale of 1-10...I would say weeks 1-4 were a 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment